Sunbeam Velvet Plush Heated Blanket Review
When you need to stay warm but don’t want to lie under a pile of heavy blankets a lightweight heated blanket will work well for you. This Sunbeam velvet plush heated blanket comes with 10 different heat settings and an optional 10-hour auto-shutoff for added safety.
It comes with dual controllers for you and your partner (no more fights about the temperature setting). It has a programmable preheat and has a limited 5-year warranty. It is machine washable and dryer safe, so you don’t have to spend hours cleaning it when you want to relax.
It is very light and is made from incredibly soft velvet plush polyester fleece for a balance between warmth and comfort. It is also available in a range of colors to suit your style or add a touch of color to your bedroom.
In this review, we will look at the features of Sunbeam Velvet Plush Heated Blanket, its pros, and cons and help you to decide if this is the right heated blanket to keep you warm this winter, while not weighing you down.
- It is made from Velvet Plush in 100% polyester fleece
- It is imported
- It comes with 10 different heat settings
- It has an optional 10-hour auto shut-off for added safety
- It comes with programmable preheat
- It has an exclusive wiring system that senses and adjusts its heat
- It is machine washable and dryer safe
- It comes with a 5-year limited warranty
- It is available in a range of different colors: garnet, mushroom, slate, lagoon, walnut, and olive
- Dimensions: 90 x 84 inches (228.6 x 213 cm)
- Weight: 3.5 lbs (1.58kg)
- The blanket is very soft
- It comes with dual controllers which work well for couples
- The preheat and timer options work very well
- It heats very quickly
- It is very lightweight
- Saves energy and reduces your heating bill
- It has a very large range of temperature settings
- It does not always heat evenly
- It is very soft but also slippery and may slip off the bed during the night
- It gets very hot when used under comforters or additional blankets
- The dual controllers have to be adjusted separately which does not work well for a single person and can be stiff to operate
- Wires are a bit prominent
- The durability of the controllers are not good
The Sunbeam Velvet Plush is a lightweight blanket and is very soft compared to other heated blankets. It has dual controllers that will suit couples well and has a very large range of temperature settings.
It is slippery and will annoy those who want their blankets to stay exactly where they put them. It heats very quickly and has a preheat function.
The wires are a bit prominent for such a lightweight blanket and it may not always heat evenly. It comes with a 10-hour auto shut-off function when you are too deep in dreamland to think about turning off your heated blanket.
This blanket is much lighter than other heated blankets and has long cords to fit on larger beds and long couches.
It is very soft but also slippery and may slide off your bed at night. If you are a restless sleeper it will not work well and a mattress pad may be more suitable to keep you warm throughout the entire night.
It has more temperature options than other blankets with 10 choices, but it heats up very well even in low settings. It heats very quickly and is very warm. It does not attract animal fur as other plush blankets do, which will suit pets and their owners.
It is larger than throws and will work well for a couch or bed. When you use on the couch only the side you need can be heated because it has dual controllers. You can comfortably watch your favorite series while the rest of the blanket is unheated and safe off the couch.
The Sunbeam Velvet Plush Heated Blanket is a lightweight heated blanket that is not only soft to the touch but warm quickly will suit you very well if you don’t like to have heavy blankets pressing down on you as you sleep but still want the warmth they give you.
It is not for restless sleepers, if you toss and turn because you are cold, this blanket will warm you and help you rest peacefully. But if you sleep actively, turning and moving throughout the night, then this blanket will easily decide to leave the bed for the more peaceful floor. It is a good blanket if you like to sleep warm and light or cuddle with a silky soft blanket while you enjoy your favorite book.