So you have wide feet, and you are looking for the best golf shoes for wide feet. That shouldn’t be a problem.
Ok, the notion is; golf shoes are always narrow. Don’t cram your feet in a narrow shoe, when there is a wider alternative.
And trust me; with such shoes, your feet won’t provide decent pivoting for a swing.
Shoe manufacturers are investing in wide and extra-wide golf shoes. So avoid shoes that don’t fit you.
Golf Shoes Sizing
In this write-up, I am recommending the best golf shoes for wide feet. Therefore, I am only discussing shoes that come in 3E, 4E, XW, and XXW sizes for men. For women, 2E and D is wide enough.
Brands like ECCO, Skechers, and FootJoy create wide and extra wide shoes.
Nonetheless, it is good practice to use a shoe guide/chart or a bannock to get the right size. The shoes should give you a snug fit. Any spaces might cause slippage.
That said, let’s look at the collection of the best golf shoes for wide feet.
Men’s Best Golf Shoes for Wide Feet – Top Section
The ECCO Men’s Biom G2 golf shoes are high-performance shoes. The upper is soft leather, treated with Hydromax. Thus, it can withstand weather elements for long.
G2 Golf Shoe utilizes the BIOM anatomically shape technology. The technology is based on a foot movement scan. Thus, these shoes emerge as one of the most stable golf shoes.
The midsole is thin, which means you remain close to the ground for balance. On the other hand, the ultra-premium silicon-printed insole stabilizes your feet while you move. Typically, it prevents unwanted foot movement during swings.
Traction and grip are decent thanks to the ingenious spike system.
Biom G2 has an ultra-light construction. Therefore, you can move quickly across the golf course.
The upper heel of the G2 is lower than the original Biom, and it presses the outside of the heel more.
- The grip on the turf during a swing is impressive
- Very light
- The heel’s leatherback slides smoothly while wearing shoe but holds the foot tightly while moving
- Comfortable on first wearing, making it suitable for people who walk while playing
- The support is on the lower side
The New Balance NBG2004 is comfortable and supportive. Bringing these two features in the golf course makes the shoe a hit. If you walk while playing golf, it is the best golf shoes for wide feet.
The NBG2004 is a lightweight (11.6 ounces), placing it under the ultra-light category.
The upper is a soft, smooth microfiber leather. It is waterproof and looks sleek. Most importantly, the shoe packs a two year limited waterproof warranty.
The outsole is solid with a seven-spike design. You can replace the Champ Slim-Lok cleats if the need arises. And for additional traction, this shoe features secondary TPU traction. That means maximum grip.
As one of the best golf shoes for wide feet, there is plenty of widths, which keeps your feet comfortable while the midsole provides adequate cushioning.
- Highly responsive with each step you make
- 100% microfiber leather
- Removable Cleats plus secondary traction offers adequate traction
- Low on stability
Every golfer needs comfort, traction, and stability. This is what the Skechers Go Golf Elite 2 offers to wide feet individuals.
With a clean contemporary look, the shoe is visually impressing courtesy of a nice splash of color. The upper is smooth leather and is breathable.
Comfort: it has a soft and smooth interior, and when you wear the shoe, it gives a snug fit. The insole is cushiony but not mushy.
On the other hand, the outsole is stiff and stable. Thus, however much you swing, these shoes won’t mess you.
Additionally, it secures heels perfectly. Typically, the Go Golf Elite 2 positions the heel low. Consequently, your foot remains in a neutral position, balancing your body well.
Traction is more than adequate. The small (TPU) nubs work decently for both turf and bare grounds.
- Offers superior support
- 100% leather and waterproof
- Low-drop design for your foot to remain in a neutral position
- Durable grip plate
- They aren’t as comfortable as others
The ECCO Men’s Cool 18 Gore-Tex takes shoe comfort to a higher new level.
And the looks? GTX golf shoes have a bold and contemporary design, incorporating high-quality components, technology, and comfort features.
Look, the shoe upper features the soft Dritton leather, designed with a Gore-Tex membrane – 100% waterproof.
Again, the Gore-Tex Surround technology acts almost like an in-built sock. Therefore, the shoe is comfortable without socks.
The shoe is excellent at breathability, thanks to the air channeling system within the sole structure.
The new midsole grid-construction has holes for ventilation on both sides of the shoe. As a result, wearers get 360° breathability but doesn’t compromise on waterproofing properties. Therefore, you have a cooler, dryer feet.
For grip and stability, the Cool GTX 18 has Slim Lock soft spikes sufficient for all golfers.
- Perfect price-performance features
- Extremely stable with every swing
- Offers comfortable walking
- Decent traction
- Sole is less flexible
The Adidas Tech Response is a nice option for those just beginning to play golf. Also, they are a nice option if you intend to play golf regularly.
The shoe’s design packs a wide base while the outsole has spikes. Such combination ensures that you have a perfect combination of traction, balance, and stability.
The shoes boast of an EVA midsole. That means decent cushioning and comfort. But what makes it ideal for golf is the low cut design. The design means maximum flexibility and range of motion.
- Lightweight construction
- Good support and cushioning
- Superb traction
- Ankle flexibility
- Highly durable
- Not waterproof
- They are a little small
Touted as one of the best golf shoes for wide feet, FootJoy Fj Arc Sl-Previous Season golf shoes are incredibly comfortable. If you are just getting started on the golf or you play casually, consider buying them.
The shoes have a classic look. The upper is 100% textile, while the spikeless sole is synthetic. The outsole pack a duratrax molded TPU outsole for turf gripping and durability.
With an advanced responsive cushioning midsole, ARC SL ensures that you have an extremely comfortable underfoot and adequate heel support. Additionally, the shoes’ midfoot confers additional underfoot comfort and bounce for easy walking. And for heel support, you get a .5 inches Platform.
Overall, the shoe is durable and offers a comfortable fit and is easy to take care of.
- Waterproof construction
- Easy to clean
- Provide superior support as well as grip
- The insole is not removable, and it may take time for you to get used
Women’s Best Golf Shoes for Wide Feet – Top Picks:
The Climacool Knit from Adidas stands out for their stretchy nature alongside superior breathability.
The CircularKnit upper offers incredible comfort to wide feet. Unlike other CircularKnit upper golf shoes, the knit material of these shoes at the toe box and the front aren’t flimsy. Apart from being supportive, it is easy to slip your foot into and out of the shoe.
Another feature that ranks them among the best golf shoes for wide feet is the CloudFoam insole. The insole provides you with responsive cushioning. This way, your feet do not get tired on the course.
Simply put, cloud foam insole gives golf players ultra-light cushioning and comfort. On the other hand, the wider midsole injects added stability, with each swing or step you make.
Unique to these shoes is that it lacks laces. Instead, it has Velcro strap closure, which is easy to use. Additionally, Velcro straps enhance stability and saddle support.
Sadly, these shoes have low traction.
- Excellent lateral stability
- Stylish and very comfortable
- Velcro strap closure allows easy removing and wearing.
- The traction is poor.
If you need the best golf shoes for wide feet, with a rubber sole, chose Skechers Max Golf Shoe.
The general design is simple and clean, which most golf players prefer. The outsole is spikeless. Rather, it features a durable TPU construction. This should hold up well in turf and bare grounds.
The insole, on the other hand, features a generous high-rebound cushioning. This absorbs shock from walking impacts. The insole is also great at inhibiting odor, providing long-lasting protection and wicking away moisture.
The Ultra Flight midsole also has dense responsive cushioning to maintain comfort.
Though the upper is synthetic, it is highly breathable.
The sad thing though, is these shoes perform below average when it comes to water resistance.
- Ultra-light and comfortable
- Decent traction
- Arch support is a bit lacking
The Women’s Cage Pro Gore-Tex stands out for its unique outsole. It is a Spyder-Grip outsole with naturally placed pivot points. Its agenda is to provide a strong foundation from the backswing.
The shoes have a strong connection between the heel and the midsole resulting in a stiffer and more supportive shoe than the Hybrids.
The larger toe room makes Cage Pro Gore-Tex ideal for wide feet players. The plenty room in the toe area ensures decent breathability.
Sadly, the sole feels a bit soft, and it doesn’t pack long thick spikes. So the durability of the sole might be a little on the lower side.
- Comfortable and support par of shoe
- Perfect fit with no break-in period
- Durable and breathable upper
- Sole durability could be better
As one of the best golf shoes for wide-foot women, the Puma Ignite Spikeless features an innovative upper for exemplary performance. Typically, it is a combination of mesh and premium leather resulting in a modern silhouette design.
The shoes use proprietary foam, which provides adequate energy return besides responsive comfort. Additionally, the cushioning is stable while the step-in comfort is superior.
With these shoes, you will look not only stylish but also comfortable with or without a sock. The unique upper construction is waterproof. But, it won’t withstand much water on the grass.
However, these shoes are a bit longer than regular shoes.
- High amounts of cushioning
- Responsive comfort
- The grip on the bottom is excellent
- Waterproofing properties aren’t impressive
Choosing the Best Golf Shoes for Your Wide Feet
There isn’t much difference between wide feet golf shoes and regular golf shoes except for the width size.
Nonetheless, consider the following:
- Lacing system: currently, some manufacturers incorporate the auto-lacing system. Such a system prevents the laces from getting wet and muddy. Besides, it is easier to handle than traditional lacings, such as the Adidas Powerband BOA Boost.
- Comfort: any wide golf shoes must be comfortable on the feet. That simply means comfortable shoes should allow you to move your toes within the toes box. Additionally, it should be easy to slide your feet in and out of the shoes. More so, the cushioning should be balanced and adequate.
- Waterproofing: you play golf on a turf, which may be wet, especially during morning hours or after rains. The best golf shoes for wide feet should not let water into the shoes. The shoe upper should be able to stop water from entering but also ensure your feet breathes. Otherwise, you might end up with blisters.
- Shoe material: always look for the most breathable, durable, but soft material. You can choose between Polyester, Gore-Tex, and leather. Gore-Tex shoes tend to be more breathable and durable, which also applies to leather.
- Winter shoe or summer shoe: if you plan to golf during both seasons, you might consider getting a single pair of shoes that are breathable and highly waterproof. But then again, it means you have to wear thick socks in winter. So buy a wider shoe. Summer shoes are lighter, more breathable, and stylish.
- Insole and outsole: insole can either be removable or non-removable. The best insole should provide comfort and stability. A removable insole is better than a non-removable. On the other hand, the outsole should offer decent traction and stability besides being durable. They come in different materials, e.g., rubber.
Finding the best golf shoes for wide feet is golden, no matter the brand. Remember, you can’t find everything in a single shoe. But if the shoe isn’t compressing your feet, it has nice traction, is comfortable and well-cushioned, then it is better than those narrow shoes.
With shoes like ECCO Biom Hybrid 3 and ECCO Cool 18 GORE-TEX, you are sure of the golf course’s best experience.
But that doesn’t mean others are below average. All the shoes I have recommended are great for your wide feet. Do not hesitate to pick one of these shoes when you decide to buy them.