Looking for the best baby monitors that detect breathing? You’ll be faced with many options which may cause you to get confused if you don’t know your onions well. So, our top experts have searched and got out the best baby breathing monitors for use in 2018. Relax, get yourself a snack (popcorn) and scan through our list to discover the very best breathing monitor for baby in 2018.
Best Breathing Monitor for Baby in 2018
- 1 Best Breathing Monitor for Baby in 2018
- 2 Sense-U Baby Breathing & Rollover Movement Monitor: Alerts You for No Breathing, Stomach Sleeping, Overheating and Getting Cold with Audible Alarm from Your Smartphone (Monitor Alone)
- 3 Cocoon Cam Plus - Baby Monitor with Breathing Monitoring - New 2018 Version
- 4 allb Smart Baby Breathing Monitor - Baby Heart Oxygen Sense Movement Sleep Monitor - Infant Motion Skin Temperature Respiration Heart Rate Alarm Monitor - Wearable Sensor (Turquoise)
- 5 New MonBaby Smart Button - a Smart Breathing and Movement Monitor - Blue
- 6 Wi-Fi Smart Baby Monitor IPC100 - with Digital Monitoring of Breathing and Heart Rate by Dorme' Baby
- 7 Mimo Smart Baby Breathing & Activity Monitor, 0-3 months by Mimo
- 8 Angelcare Baby Sound and Breathing Monitor with Wireless Sensor Pad with Night Light
- 9 Snuza Go! SE Baby Movement Monitor
- 9.1 1. Sense-U Baby Breathing & Rollover Movement Monitor
- 9.2 2. Cocoon Cam Plus
- 9.3 3. Allb Smart Baby Breathing Monitor – best baby oxygen monitor
- 9.4 4. New MonBaby Smart Button
- 9.5 5. Safe To Sleep Breathing Baby Monitor – baby breathing monitor mat
- 9.6 6. Dorme Wi-Fi Smart Baby Monitor IPC100
- 9.7 7. Mimo Smart Baby Breathing and Activity Monitor
- 9.8 8. Angelcare Breathing Monitor Baby
- 9.9 9. Snuza Go Baby Monitor
- 9.10 10. Digital Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio
- 9.11 11. VTech DM223 Audio Baby Monitor
- 9.12 12. Best Things Video Baby Monitor
- 9.13 13. Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor with 5-inch Touchscreen Display
- 10 Professional buyers guide for best breathing monitor for baby 2018
Sense-U Baby Breathing & Rollover Movement Monitor: Alerts You for No Breathing, Stomach Sleeping, Overheating and Getting Cold with Audible Alarm from Your Smartphone (Monitor Alone)
- Portable and easily clip onto your baby's swaddle/sleepbag/onesie/etc(ATTN: Pls avoid waistband area of the clothes thicker than 0.08'' or 2mm, in case it breaks the ring accessory)
- Monitor your baby's breathing with audible alarm for no breathing movement and fast breathing movements(60+/min) from your smartphone
- Notify you when your baby is stomach sleeping
- Protect your baby from overheating and getting cold with built-in thermometer
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee; Use Bluetooth Low Energy technology, which has almost ZERO radiation(~1/1000 of cell) and a range of ~50 feet (automatically reconnects to the paired smartphone within range)
Cocoon Cam Plus - Baby Monitor with Breathing Monitoring - New 2018 Version
9 used from $ 101.49
- KNOW YOUR BABY IS BREATHING with real-time breathing monitoring and night vision HD video.
- SLEEP when your baby does Notifications will alert you if baby's breathing changes, baby is crying or beginning to wake. Get the PEACE OF MIND you need to actually rest when your baby does.
- VALIDATED BY TOP PEDIATRICIANS including IRB-approved studies at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Stanford and UC San Diego.
- ALL-IN-ONE MONITOR, NO WEARABLES NEEDED. See and know your baby is breathing without any wearables, wires, or mats.
- SECURE HD VIDEO and instant alerts in our FREE app. SEE, HEAR, AND TALK to your baby right on your phone.
allb Smart Baby Breathing Monitor - Baby Heart Oxygen Sense Movement Sleep Monitor - Infant Motion Skin Temperature Respiration Heart Rate Alarm Monitor - Wearable Sensor (Turquoise)
- ALLB DETECTS POTENTIAL DANGER & PROVIDES CRITICAL INFORMATION FASTER & MORE RELIABLY than other devices using our clinically proven, patented intelligent monitoring and tracking technology
- ALLB MONITORS - breathing rate and breathing pattern (more reliable than pulse rate & oxygenation), skin temperature, sleep patterns, and whether your baby is sleeping on his/her back or on stomach
- ALLB RECORDS & TRACKS 22 SYMPTOMS including; breathing rate, breathing pattern, sleep position, skin temperature, runny nose, cough, and fever to share with your doctor - Includes FREE CLOUD STORAGE
- SHARING FUNCTION - Have you ever worried how your baby is doing when you're out, or if the baby sitter is paying proper attention? Through the ALLB app you, your family, and caregivers can monitor your baby anytime, anywhere
- SLEEP TIME & QUALITY TRACKING: LOGS BABY'S SLLEP & AWAKE TIMES. INADEQUATE SLEEP MAY CAUSE BABY TO BE GRUMPY
New MonBaby Smart Button - a Smart Breathing and Movement Monitor - Blue
- A new and optimized version of the MonBaby Smart Button tracks your baby's movements and sends an alert to your smart phone or tablet when your attention is needed so YOU CAN GET SOME SLEEP!
- Alerts you about stomach sleeping, stoppage in breathing movements, falls and unusual activity - all of the data is sent to your smart phone or tablet with easy access through the MonBaby app on iOS or Android devices so that you can GET THE INFORMATION YOU REALLY NEED WHILE YOUR BABY SLEEPS.
- The MonBaby Smart Button has a universal form factor design and it will fit over any typical baby clothing so your bundle of joy will never outgrow it and you will be able to continue to use the monitor at different stages of your child's development - WE OFFER A ONE SIZE FITS ALL SOLUTION TO ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR ANY EXTRA SPENDING. 1.5" x 1.5" x 0.3"
- The MonBaby Smart Button is the most affordable connected movement monitor on the market. It works optimally when placed in the same room with your smartphone. Easily extend the range via the free MonBridge app available on compatible Android devices via Google Play and the Amazon App Store. THE MOST AFFORDABLE OPTION FOR NEW PARENTS AND A GREAT GIFT IDEA.
- Compatible with iPhone 5 and above and Android devices with 4.4 software and Bluetooth 4.0. Comes with an extra battery and a mini screwdriver for convenience. COMES WITH EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR IMMEDIATE AND CONTINUED USE.
Wi-Fi Smart Baby Monitor IPC100 - with Digital Monitoring of Breathing and Heart Rate by Dorme' Baby
2 used from $ 259.24
- Only Full-featured Digital Monitor w/Breathing and Heart Rate monitoring features
- iOS & Android Compatible with Added Features
- Monitor Infant from Anywhere, Anytime
- Secure, Ease of Set Up
- Best Suited for Today's Busy Parents
Mimo Smart Baby Breathing & Activity Monitor, 0-3 months by Mimo
- Mimo Smart Baby Breathing & Activity Monitor, 0-3 months
- 0-3 Months
Angelcare Baby Sound and Breathing Monitor with Wireless Sensor Pad with Night Light
- Under-the-mattress wireless Breathing Movement Sensor Pad tracks subtle movements (like breathing) that audio and video monitors can't detect* (This product is intended to be used only for parental reassurance to monitor your baby's movements.)
- Alarm will sound if no movement is detected after 20 seconds
- Portable and rechargeable Parent unit
- Nursery Unit with LED ring that glows: blue (cold), red (warm), or white (just right)
- Two-way talk
Snuza Go! SE Baby Movement Monitor
|Product Group||Baby Product|
|Product Type Name||BABY_PRODUCT|
|Title||Snuza Go! SE Baby Movement Monitor|
1. Sense-U Baby Breathing & Rollover Movement Monitor
This is a premium baby monitoring gadget and this particular pack comes with a free sleep bag. It is compatible with all mobile smartphone OS (iOS and Android); you will be able to monitor your baby’s breathing state from time to time remotely.
The Sense-U baby gadget can be easily appended onto your baby’s swaddle, sleepbag, onesie/etc. It monitors a lot of actions. There is an inbuilt thermometer that informs you of your baby’s temperature mode; if he/she is getting cold or overheating.
|Dimensions||1.6 x 1.6 x 0.4 inches|
- The battery life is very impressive
- It can be easily clipped to a baby’s sleepbag, swaddle, etc.
- Compatible with smartphones supporting Bluetooth v4.0 and above
- The price is budget-friendly and it monitors lots of baby activities
- Often at times, it sends false alarms
- It is difficult to pair up with smartphones supporting Bluetooth versions below 4.0
2. Cocoon Cam Plus
This is an all-in-one monitor that does not require it to be attached to any wearable; we can call it a standalone baby monitor. It lets you know how your baby is breathing in real-time and includes a night vision HD video recording support. [Check out:10 Best Video Baby Monitor for 2 Rooms 2018].
You’ll get instant alerts once your baby breathing changes. This gadget is validated NICU at Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford, and IRB-approved studies at UC San Diego.
|Dimensions||4 x 4 x 8.5 inches|
- Best video baby monitor – video quality 702p
- Standalone gadget, it does not need to be attached to any wearable
- Instant alerts on changes
- Validated by top pediatricians
- It consumes a lot home internet data
- The installation is not quite easy
[Check out: 10 Best Video Baby Monitors for Long Range 2018]
3. Allb Smart Baby Breathing Monitor – best baby oxygen monitor
If you want a smart gadget/monitor that will read your baby’s breathing rate, pattern, sleep positions, skin temp., baby’s runny nose, and lots more, the Allb smart baby monitor is a perfect choice for this. It also includes free cloud storage support and we consider this to be the best baby movement monitor for use in 2018.
|Dimensions||4.4 x 4.3 x 4.1 inches|
|Power Source||1 CR2 batteries required|
- Skin Temperature Measurement
- Sleep Logging
- Prone Position Detection
- Sometimes it sends false alarms
- It hardly stays on over a long time
4. New MonBaby Smart Button
Here lands a smart breathing and movement monitor that helps you keep track on your baby’s state of health and movement. This gadget works optimally when it is in the same room with your smartphone. The connectivity technology it uses to work is Bluetooth and it sends activity data to your smartphone 5x per second.
This device shape is miniature in nature; it can be placed anywhere and it does not disturb the baby.
|Dimensions||8.8 x 6.1 x 2.6 inches|
|Power Source||2 CR2 batteries required|
- Low profile design
- It is easy to set up and start monitoring
- Compatible with iPhone 5 and other newer models, also compatible with Android 4.4 and above.
- The monitor loses Bluetooth connection for no reason
- The clip cracks very easily, it is not sturdy
5. Safe To Sleep Breathing Baby Monitor – baby breathing monitor mat
Monitor your baby’s breathing rate and get alerted on dangerous breathing patterns. Simply lay your baby on the mat and go about your daily duties; whenever your baby breathing changes, you’ll get an instant alert on your connected smartphone.
This sleeping mat has a comfortable sleep surface, waterproofed and anti-microbial. Inside this SleepMat lies an advanced fiber optic technology which serves as the sensing mechanism. There is also a feature called “SleepLog”; this keeps/record a diary for your baby, keeping track of when he/she is sleeping or awake.
|Dimensions||2.5 x 26.25 x 14 inches|
- Advanced baby sleeping mat with real-time monitoring support
- Good offer for the price
- Flexible and lightweight
- The sensor is not very smart and effective
6. Dorme Wi-Fi Smart Baby Monitor IPC100
This is a full-featured digital monitor with support for breathing and heart rate monitoring. It is completely compatible with iOS and Android smartphones and very easy to set up. You will continue with your activities while this device monitors your baby health status.
|Dimensions||8.5 x 6.5 x 4 inches|
- It is very light, can be easily moved around
- Easy to connect with smartphones
- Heart rate monitoring
- Poor customer service support
7. Mimo Smart Baby Breathing and Activity Monitor
When your baby is sleeping well, you’ll also sleep comfortably. Get this Mimo smart gadget, it is one of the best breathing monitors for baby in 2018 with a set of cool sensors. It monitors all your baby actions and sends you an alert anytime something is wrong.
From this device, you’ll see real-time information on the following: breathing, body position, skin temp, and wake/sleep all.
|Dimensions||8.5 x 6.5 x 4 inches|
- It includes 3 machine washable cotton Mimo kimonos
- Available for babies aged from 0 – 12 months
- Easy to use and start monitoring
- Rechargeable Battery
- It supports only high-end smartphones – iOS 7.0 or later, Android 4.2 or later
- The battery doesn’t last quite long
8. Angelcare Breathing Monitor Baby
This is the best baby movement monitor and it comes with a wireless sensor pad plus night light. It can be easily placed under the baby’s mattress and it will send real-time alerts wirelessly to a connected smartphone. Also, it features a digital temperature read-out on the Parent unit and 2-way audio.
|Dimensions||9.5 x 0.6 x 9.48 inches|
- Effective audio and movement monitor
- Easy to set up and use
- Movement matt not very useful
9. Snuza Go Baby Monitor
This is an easy-to-clip wearable that helps you keep track of your baby’s temperature and sleeping patterns. It is very minimal and portable, fits onto the baby’s diaper at ease and sticks there for life. The best function of this wearable is to monitor your baby’s abdominal movements.
|Dimensions||1.57 x 1.57 x 2.76 inches|
|Power Source||1 CR2 batteries required|
- Extremely lightweight and easy-to-clip
- The battery lasts up to 6 months depending on usage
- LED indicators
- It monitors only the baby’s movement
10. Digital Video Baby Monitor with Camera and Audio
Many features are included in this baby monitoring device. It also comes with a 3.5-inch LCD display that displays the live performance of your baby via a wireless connection. With a superior Night Vision support, this monitor display clear videos even at night hours. Furthermore, it supports two-way audio; you can talk back to your baby.
|Dimensions||8.4 x 6.3 x 3.1 inches|
- Up to 5 level volume control and brightness settings
- Video output quality is great
- Night vision and two-way audio support
- It is quite heavy and bulky
11. VTech DM223 Audio Baby Monitor
Even at 1,000 ft of range, this baby monitor will remain connected to your smartphone. It offers vibrating sound-alert, features a Talk-back Intercom, digitized transmission, and a belt clip. DECT 6.0 delivers crystal clear transmission and eliminates white noise from analog monitors. Also, there a 5-level sound indicator that’s tells you your baby noise level with the unit muted.
|Dimensions||9.5 x 8.8 x 3.2 inches|
- Two-way audio with decent battery life
- Long range connectivity support
- Welcome-able design
- Volume should be made to sound louder
12. Best Things Video Baby Monitor
View your baby’s performance is clear visual display on the 3.5-inch LED screen integrated with this best breathing monitor for baby. It plays lullabies to make your baby sleep faster and it also monitors your baby temperature.
|Dimensions||10.2 x 6.3 x 2.5 inches|
- It monitors every activity and movement of the baby
- Supports two-way audio
- Clear night vision support
- The coverage range is not quite far
13. Angelcare Baby Movement Monitor with 5-inch Touchscreen Display
This appears last on our list but it is not the least. In fact, it features the largest LCD display screen – 5.0-inch screen. It can be easily mounted to a wall using the wall-mount or to a tabletop; the camera has a temperature feature that displays the room temp (turns red for too warm and blue for too cool)
|Dimensions||3.74 x 9.87 x 10.19 inches|
- 5-inch screen display size
- Tracks movements and temperature
- Flexible; it can be easy appended to walls or tables
- Poor battery life
Professional buyers guide for best breathing monitor for baby 2018
Since there are lots of baby sleep monitors in the market, and all of them claim to be the best, you need a guide to buying the very best. While your personal preferences can also affect your choice for the best breathing monitor for baby, these professional factors are to be considered.
Buy for the purpose
When buying for the purpose, you have to consider the type of baby monitor you want. There are two major types of them, viz;
- Audio only
- Audio and video
Both of these send alerts in realtime to a connected, compatible smartphone via wireless connectivity Bluetooth home WiFi). Audio and video baby monitors record your baby actions and movements in a clear visual display. You can watch your baby from anywhere remotely via a wireless connection.
This is the maximum range where the wireless connection will saturate. When you are outside this range, you will not be able to get alerts on your baby’s actions. It is important you know this and stay within range to continuously monitor your baby actions.
Some people overlook this but it remains an important factor to consider before buying your next baby monitors that detect breathing. For steady and constant power flow, most manufacturers include a power cord you can plug into the device so it stays on for the whole day.
There are some baby monitors that allow you to keep track of your baby temperature. You’ll get notified once your baby is feeling very cold or overheating. This feature is quite important and many parents love it. Any baby monitor with this feature is certainly one of the best baby breathing monitors.
Some people may want to go for those with two-way audio support and night video. While these are good features, there are very important in choosing the best breathing monitor for baby.