When it is time to learn, you can’t stop them, unless you want a fussy or cranky little one. Babies love their independence. Crawling around the house, touching everything, and sometimes placing them in the mouth.
You might clean your floor severally with the strongest disinfectant, but don’t you think a floor mat can be the best gift for your baby?
Look, a baby floor mat offers a soft, cushy space for your little one to grow and play, which makes it must-have equipment for any parent. Apart from just offering playing space, some come with drawings and writings to help your little one learn a thing or two.
There are hundreds of floor mats in the market, and finding a suitable floor mat for your crawler may prove difficult. You must balance between the price, material, functionality, comfort, durability, and stimulation properties of a mat.
In this article, we give a review of the 10 best baby floor mats in detail. So read on, to get some intriguing facts.
The 10 Best Baby Floor Mats for 2020:
Apart from just providing a safe and hygienic place for your baby to play, this floor mat serves as a superb educational piece. It is, i.e., large, comparable to the size of a queen mattress.
The cushioning of the mat is unique. It is thick and soft, guaranteeing your child unmatched safety. If an egg fell from a height of 10 feet, it wouldn’t break. So your baby is guaranteed ., of safety.
You can use both sides, i.e., it is a reversible mat. The back of the baby mat can serve to educate your baby because it is designed with a simplified educational theme. It has letters and animals that can stimulate your baby to learn.
It is easy to clean: you can even use baby wipes to clean it, and apart from just being slip-proof, it is also devoid of phthalate, BPA, lead, latex, formaldehyde, and EVA
- Easy to fold and store
- Easy to clean
- Thick to offer enough comfort
- Educational back
- Not stain resistant
- Some customer complained that it absorbs liquid and gets sticky
BalanceFrom Kid’s play mat teaches your baby to be a critical thinker. The pay mat comes in pieces. There are typical, 16 tile pieces that your baby can put together to create a beautiful mat.
The tiles are in 4 different colors. The1 square foot tiles have interlocking tips on the side to make building the mat easy.
The mat is built of high-density EVA foam with a thickness of 0.4’’, which makes it a premium mat. It perfectly cushions the delicate knees, spine, and elbow of the babies.
Adults, too, can use the mat for their exercising. Remember, you can use both sites of the mat. The sides are non-slip, eliminating the chances of injury.
The EVA foam is tested to be safe for both baby and adult use. When it gets dirty simply, clean it with a damp piece of cloth and mild soap.
- Provides a soft and warm play area
- Interlocking the tiles give kids a chance to learn
- Large 6 by 6 feet
- It comes with plenty of end pieces just in case you want to have a unique sizing, e.g., 9×4, 4×4, etc.,
- Some customers complained of the horrible smell, coating being slippery, and poor customer support
The ProSource Kids is precisely made to meet the needs of your baby. We term it as one of the best bay floor mats because of its large size.
Essentially, the carpet has 36 foam pieces, and each piece is 1 square foot. This translates to a 6 x6 foot mat.
Again, The EVA foam is 1cm thick, perhaps one of the thickest mats you’ll ever find in the market, making it a high-density mat. As a learning instrument, it features bright primary colors that can stimulate your baby’s early development. Still, children can quickly assemble it using the letters on the mat.
While using the mat, do not place it on a carpet, and instead, put it on the floor. Generally, you get a soft and durable piece of mat that will guarantee your safety and that of your baby.
- Large enough for crawling and playing
- Easy to clean
- It’s thick enough to give much-needed comfort
- Fantastic price
- Bright colors that most babies love
- Weak borders
- A little bit slippery especially when babies wear socks
This is a single-piece floor mat that measures 6.5 ft. x 4.5 ft x 0.5 inches. The mat looks elegant, and you can use it to transform your interior, apart from helping your little one with a soft playing ground.
The most important feature that they pack is easy to clean, incredibly soft feel, they don’t accumulate stain, and unlike others, they won’t shed. That gives them another function: protecting your floors.
An advantage of having this full mat is that it won’t accumulate pet hair or dust, like the interlocking mat, would do. Similarly, it won’t soak with liquids.
The surface of the mat is waffle-like and has a thickness of a half-inch to provide complete insulation for your children against hard surfaces and bumps. People who like working out can still use this mattress.
Again, the mat is long-lasting, thanks to its high-quality material, and also it is easy to care for, as you can vacuum, mop, or spot clean.
- They offer a generous padding
- Easy to clean
- Easy to use – no need to assemble parts
- One solid structure eliminates leakages
- Cannot withstand many waves of abuse for long
- Some customers complained of poor customer services
The Tadpoles Baby Play Mat is made of 100 % EVA Foam. It is an interlocking type of floor mat that offers a soft surface for babies to play.
It comes with 16 foam pieces that you can assemble quickly. Unlike other interlocking mats, it features a removable center.
With this baby floor mat, you can enhance the look of your interior, besides providing a soft surface for your baby because the pieces have different colors and patterns.
You can create a beautiful looking design for both your baby and interior; still if your baby is big enough to handle things, he/she can learn how to create patterns.
Manufacturers advise that kids above three years should use it.
- Looks beautiful and neutral
- The foam is of decent thickness
- Easy to wipe clean
The Infantino Pond Pals baby mats ideal for babies between 0 and 36 months, which means right from tummy times to the first steps, your child will have a soft place to fine-tune her/his motion.
The most outstanding feature about this soft mat is that it is thick enough to allow comfortable playing ground.
Infantino Pond Pals baby mat offers your baby four ways of play.
First, it provides an overhead system of toys that your baby can use to learn how to coordinate hand and eyes.
Also, it features a generous amount of tummy pillows that your child can use to perfect her tummy movements.
Again, if you own a car and stroller, thank goodness you have plenty of toys, and lastly, the mat offers a place to sit and play.
In essence, you get four toys that you can reposition to encourage sensory development. What should attract your attention is the different color, texture, and sounds that help your infant learn.
- Perfect baby gym
- Easy to clean materials
- Toys are classic for sensory purposes
- Arms can adjust to two different styles
- Room for adding toys
- You can detach and wash the toys or reposition them
- Tummy pillow slips out from the baby’s tummy easily
The Stalwart Foam floor mat are very versatile pieces of mats. Apart from being baby mats, you can conveniently place them in a yoga room, workout room, and playrooms.
The carpets are non-skid, textured, and free of toxins. Once you interlock them on the floor, they offer a soft playground, crawling, or walking area that is exceptionally comfortable.
You can assemble the mats in a few steps. They come with edges that interlock easily, thanks to the puzzle piece edge design. This design allows the mat to fit and stay in place firmly.
When you purchase, you get eight tiles of dimension 12.4 x 12.4 x 0.375, and they come in red, yellow, blue, and green.
You can disassemble the mat for easy storage, and if it gets dirty, cleaning is a breeze.
A damp cloth and mild soap can do the magic.
- It cushions the floor well
- 100% grippy on hardwood/laminate
- You can use both indoors and outdoors
- Fade quickly when you place them outdoors
This mat is a true playmat for your child. It features animals, and its Black, Gray, and White colors make it look appealing.
The mat is so soft that when you put in any room, your baby is guaranteed of utmost safety from injuries for both crawling and children learning to walk.
It is 14mm thick, non-toxic, and has a slopped border. Unlike other interlocking mats, thicker mats interlock much better while the lopping ends to prevent the baby from tripping when they get onto the mat.
- Soft enough for the nursery
- Fits well on the hardwood or tile floor
- Looks extremely beautiful within any room
- A bit difficult to clean especially toward the edges
The Pehr Magical Forest Round Playmat has a small footprint but is, undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful and functional mats you can buy for your toddler.
Considering its size -40″ Diameter, the mat is excellent for babies who have just started sitting and learning to crawl.
This is a high-quality mat. It made of a hundred percent cotton exterior while the interior is filled with poly.
The amount of poly filling is generous, ensuring that your baby has a comfortable tie on the mat.
Interestingly, the mat features a quilted design in a gentle wave pattern to give a comfortable fill.
- Made of the softest brushed cotton
- Extra fluffiness to make them the best playmat
- Looks beautiful
10. Soft Foam Baby Crawler Mat by YXNZ
The Soft Foam Baby Crawler Mat is excellent for the growing babies, considering its size, fun design, and the bright colors that inspire your baby/child to learn more.
Besides, the mat is safe for your child. It doesn’t have any strange smell that will make your baby uncomfortable.
Crawling babies like to roll around and sit. They do this as much as their energy allows them. This large-sized mat offers enough space for your little one to enjoy themselves without injures.
You can use it on wooden floors, tiles, or still, use it outdoors.
- Easy to clean
- You can use both indoors and outdoors
- Heat insulating
- Excellent non-slip grip
- The top surface is rough to prevent your baby from slipping
Buyer’s Guide: How to Pick the Best Baby Floor Mats
Before you buy your baby floor mats, you need to consider the following factors:
- Size: mat sizes vary. You need to get the right size that will serve you perfectly. A giant mat can cover up to 24 square feet.
- Safety: the safety of your baby should be at the forefront. Buy a floor mat that has non-slip and non-skid properties. Still, look for the one without toxic substances
- Ease of cleaning: babies have little knowledge of cleanliness. Within a few minutes, the mat will be full of dirt. So you need a mat that you can easily clean. Stubborn stains on a mat make it look ugly. Get a fabric/material that you can easily clean.
- Construction: material and construction affect the performance of the mat. You need a long-lasting carpet. High-density EVA foam is durable, but you have to ensure it is non-toxic.
- Versatility: mats that can be more than just the best baby floor mats are desirable. You may put them in functions like exercising, yoga, garage, kids play area, etc.
The best baby floor mats are what you should always look for. Besides giving your baby a place to play.
Some of them come with features that allow your baby to learn hence improving their intelligence.
We believe with the top ten products, you can find a mat that fits your needs and that of your baby.